Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    hello im 14 and my grandmother has custody over me and shes rude to me everyday, yells at me for dumb things like, telling the dog to go lay down, wanting to go to my friends house, wanting to see my mom, playing video games, having a opinion, asking to do things. she has called the cops on me and sent me to the DH for " being disrespectful" she threatens to call the cops anytime we get into a disagreement,and im tired of it and i do not know what to do

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod4
    commented on Guest's reply
    Hi there,
    Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on.
    It sounds like you are feeling frustrated with things at home. NRS is here to listen and here to help.
    We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
    Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
    If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
    We hope to hear from you soon.
    Be safe,
    NRS

Guest replied
    sick of this ********, im 14 and i have a job, i want to move out

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod16
    Hello,
    Thanks for reaching out to NRS today.
    It sounds like things are really tough at home. It’s understandable that you’d be frustrated with your mom for blaming you for things that aren’t your fault and for not letting you talk to your boyfriend without getting mad. You definitely deserve to be taken seriously. We’re so sorry it’s gotten to the point that you’d consider leaving your home.
    Running away is a big decision. There’s a lot to consider before you take off. Running away isn’t illegal, but you could be reported to the police as a run away and they may return you home if they find you. Sometimes the person you stay with could be in trouble with the law if you are found with them. There’s a lot of things to think about and we can help you get these things sorted out.
    We’re here to help you in any way we can. Please consider giving us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY or take a Live Chat right here on this site. We won’t judge or tell you what to do, we’re here to help and we’re here to listen.
    Best,
    NRS

Guest replied
    im a 14 year old and this is gonna sound crazy but i wanna get away from my grandma (i cant live with my mom or dad) im from louisiana and id like to go to texas because i know that i have a friend there that i truly trust and that i could live with him, but my grandma doesnt know about him. shes abused me and i went to about 5 mental hospitals. what can i do?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod2
    Hello There,
    Thank you for reaching out to The National Runaway Safeline we are here to help and here to listen.
    It sounds like you are going through a difficult time right now, and we want you to know that you are not alone. One option to consider is to talk with a school counselor about what is going on at home and they may be able to provide resources and support.
    We are not legal experts but we do have some knowledge on the laws if you were to leave your home, because you are a minor your legal guardian could file a runaway report. If the police do find you they most likely would bring you back home. If you do decide to leave and need a safe place to stay please call us and we can try and help you.
    We hope that this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore more options, please give us a call. We are here 24/7 to listen and to provide support we wish you the best of luck!
    NRS

• ccsmod7
    That has to be so hurtful to hear. Here at NRS, we want you to know that you are enough despite your mom's hurtful words. You do not need to be that kind of perfect, you are you and that is more than enough.

Please see our response to your other post:

"Hi there, thanks for reaching out.

Sounds like you are really going through a lot at home, and your mom is not hearing your needs. That cannot be easy to go through, and you crying everyday is significant, you deserve to be supported when you are feeling like that.

If you haven't already, you might try to tell a supportive adult in your life how you are feeling, such as a grandparent, teacher or family friend. It can help to have an adult your mom listens to advocate for your needs when she is not hearing you. If you would like to have a mediated call with your mom so you can let her know how you are feeling without being interrupted, please call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY and we can facilitate that for you. We also have a national database of counseling resources and resources for youth in crisis if you are ever interested in local resources.

Please do not hesitate to call or chat us if you would like to talk through your situation with us. We are always here for you.

Best,

NRS"

• ccsmod7
    Hi there, thanks for reaching out.

Sounds like you are really going through a lot at home, and your mom is not hearing your needs. That cannot be easy to go through, and you crying everyday is significant, you deserve to be supported when you are feeling like that.

If you haven't already, you might try to tell a supportive adult in your life how you are feeling, such as a grandparent, teacher or family friend. It can help to have an adult your mom listens to advocate for your needs when she is not hearing you. If you would like to have a mediated call with your mom so you can let her know how you are feeling without being interrupted, please call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY and we can facilitate that for you. We also have a national database of counseling resources and resources for youth in crisis if you are ever interested in local resources.

Please do not hesitate to call or chat us if you would like to talk through your situation with us. We are always here for you.

Best,

NRS

Guest replied
    I'm actually 13 and want to move out my mom blames me for everything and hates when I talk to my boyfriend but if this continues I will leave at 15

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    Also my mom tells me i can never do anything write you can't tell that someone that is emotionally hurt. it just kills me inside that i can' t as perfect as she wants me to be because i actually try my best and she is basically saying my best sucks

Leave a comment:

Guest replied
    I'm 14 and I've wanted to move out for a while she takes all her anger out on me and i don't really have any friends and no one would take me. i find myself crying everyday and anytime i tell her that i need professional help like a therapist or something she tells me that i'm fine but i know that i'm not fine. she always yells at me then ask me what's wrong. she thinks i'm getting bullied or something but it's her, and i don't know what to do anymore i want to leave badly but i have no where to go and i have no money. She doesn't listen to me but wants me to listen to her problems i just hate it

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod2
    Hello There,
    Thank you for contacting The National Runaway Safeline, we are here to help and here to listen. It sounds like you are going through a really tough time right now.
    Having to do chores can be annoying and frustrating at times. One option to consider is coming up with a compromise when it comes to doing chores. For example you could try having a chore chart and once chores are completed you get to do something you enjoy doing whether that is playing outside or eating a snack. It is great you seem like you have a good relationship with your father. An option to consider is seeing if your dad would be able to talk with your mother and help advocate for you.
    You mentioned wanting a safe place to go to, although we are not legal experts we do have some information on the laws. If you were to leave without permission your legal guardian does have the right to file a runaway report on you. If the police do find you they most likely would bring you back home. Also most shelters would contact CPS or your legal guardian. If you are still in need of a shelter or a safe place give us a call or chat with us online and we can try and help you.
    We hope that this information will be helpful to you in your situation. If you have any other questions or would like to explore more options, please give us a call. We are here to help and here to listen. We wish you the best of luck!
    NRS

Guest replied
    I don't like my mom when she gets onto me about the smallest mistakes, she keeps giving me chores for 2 weeks even if I just talk to her nicely. Of course I chores get done even if she doesn't ask me, but sometimes she tells me to do them when they don't need it completely. She thinks I'm incredibly annoying and I don't try at all to be annoying to her or anyone. She's 49 I'm 14. No she doesn't drink. She even loves to irritate me. She's riding on a excuse as an adult. I can't stand it when she yells at me for the simplest things. It scares the heck out of me. (Not all the time). I know she loves me, but it is stressful for me as a son. My dad is perfectly sane, he is an awesome dad he doesn't punish me when I don't deserve it. I'm tired of this repetitive thing that has going on. I hope I can go somewhere safe. Writing to you from crowleys ridge cutoff - Arkansas. I need a safe place. I can sneak easily, but need to reconsider this thought. Please help.---Jacob

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod16
    Hi,
    Thank you for reaching out to us; we are glad that you did.

It is difficult and frustrating to not be listened to when we try to explain things. It sounds like your mom listens to your grandma more than you and that is really hard. It’s understandable to feel like you want to be in a different family.

One thing you might consider is writing a letter to your mom so that you can explain in your own words and in your own time.

We are also here to talk about other options that you may have to be able to communicate with your mom. We hope you might reach out to us at 1800-786-2929 (1-800-RUNAWAY) or through live chat via www.1800runaway.org We are here for you 24/7 to listen and help.
    Sincerely,
    NRS

Guest replied
    I want to be in a different family because my mom rather listen to grandma more than me and Everytime I tried to explain she never listen

Leave a comment:

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X