Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• almost 16 and im ready to leave

I feel like i cant do this anymore my mom is treating me like crap and i cant take it i dont where to go or what to do but i do have someone with i could stay with but i dont think its leagal.

Re: almost 16 and im ready to leave

Thanks so much for writing in. It sounds like you are extremely frustrated with your situation at home, and it has gotten to the point where you are even thinking of leaving. You mentioned that your relationship with your mom has not been going well and that seems to be the biggest issue. How long have you been feeling this way? Have you always felt that your mom has treated you unfairly for awhile or is it something that you have been dealing with recently? Is there something specific that your mom does that is making you feel like leaving? Have you ever talked with your mom about how you feel? Do you think that would be an option?

You said that you can’t take it anymore and you just want to leave, but you don’t know where you would go. If you did leave, do you have any friends or family that you could stay with? Have you talked with anyone else about this situation or thought about where you would go and how to get there. What do you think your mom would do if she found out that you left?
    Do you think there is anything that would help remedy some of the problems at home to make you feel like you didn’t have to leave? It’s understandable that you have thought about leaving, especially if your mom is making you feel bad. It may seem like a lot of questions being asked, but sometimes it can help to get you thinking about what you really want to do and how to be safe. If you ever feel like you want to talk more about this situation you can always give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We are a completely confidential hotline and there is someone here to take your call 24 hours a day. If you just want to vent and need someone to listen, or if you need any kind of resources we are always here. We can look up resources like counseling or even youth shelters. It definitely doesn’t sound like an easy situation, but it’s good that you are trying to think about things before you make a decision. Best of luck with everything and give us a call anytime.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X