Collapse
No announcement yet.

rules for homeless shelter

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am 15 and want to run away with my girlfriend because we both have bad living situations I want us to go to a homeless shelter but I don’t know what kind of paper work they ask for and don’t want to get sent back home. What paperwork do we need?

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi.
      Thank you for reaching out to us. It’s great that you’re thinking of how you can help not only yourself but your girlfriend as well. And we’re sorry to hear you’re both having difficult times at home.

Running away can be hard and it can be helpful to think about where you might stay and how you might pay for food, rent and other living expenses.
      Going to a homeless shelter is typically a short-term solution and many shelters require contact with parents if you’re under 18. While we are not legal experts speaking generally if you are to leave home without your parents permission the police can bring you back home and whoever you stay with could be charged with harboring a runaway. Before looking into the shelter process, you may have other options we’d be happy to discuss with you. You could give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY or chat with us at 1800runaway.org so we can talk more about what’s going on. Depending on where you live and what’s going on at home we can discuss available options.
      We’re here to support you 24/7 with whatever decision you make so you feel safe and feel like you have a plan to create a better situation.

Best
      -NRS

Hi I'm trying to find out information. I have a close friend she's 15 and she has a child, she's also a foster child. She left from her home because she was getting abused and her foster mom wasn't buying her anything no food and no cloths. What should I tell her? Do you have shelters for teenage mothers?

Comment

• ccsmod7
      ccsmod7 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi, thank you so much for reaching out.

It sounds like your friend is going through a really tough time right now and its really great she has someone like you looking out for her. You can always pass along our number to your friend and we would also be happy to explore shelter options with you as well. There are shelters for parenting teens, but there is no guarantee that there will be such a shelter in your friend's area. We would be happy to look up resources and referrals for your friend at anytime.

We're available 24/7 at 1800RUNAWAY.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X