17 years old and needs to get out

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17 years old and needs to get out

I want to move out of my home, I don't like my mother she is already trying to make me pay bills. I want to get a job and move out to my own little apartment. I currently go to night school from 2 pm to 9 pm, I can't miss any days or I'll get dropped. I get to go back to regular school in fall to be a Senior in high school. In summer, I'm gonna go to a program to help with animals from 7 am to 12 pm then go to night school until both end at the end of June. When I go back to being a senior, I plan to go to a program to be a medical assistant and after high school go to a junior college to become a RN. I want to do so many things but I need a job but don't exactly see space for one. I hate going home, I always did since middle school. I breakdown when I get home and see my mother and siblings, I just strongly dislike them. I just need opinions and solutions.. please.

Hello,
    Thank you for taking the time to write to us here at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you have a lot of dreams for your future but are distracted with the fact that you have to be at home. You mentioned that you have a lot on your plate already and don’t really see how you are going to be able to get a job. It is understandable that you would want to move out on your own and become independent but without having a job that can be next to impossible. Have you considered cutting down on some of your schooling to make time for work? If not then maybe you can talk to someone at your school about work study opportunities. You might be able to work something out with your school so that your schedule clears up.
    We want you to know that we support you and want to help you achieve all of your future goals. You mentioned that just walking into your home makes you breakdown. Maybe you can try finding things that you can do at home that bring you joy. Like reading or listening to music. Sometimes having a positive coping strategy for issues in your home life can make being there a bit better.
    We hope that things get better for you. If you need anything else please do not hesitate to give us a call anytime. 1-800-786-2929
    Best,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X