I'm 16 almost 17 and i wanna leave home

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm 16 almost 17 and i wanna leave home

I wanna leave home but i am an illegal immigrant and so are my parents. I dont know how to leave without them being able to call the cops to make me go back without getting into a legal process. If i get their permission could i just get a paper with them saying i can and leave?? Please help. I know i can get my own house and i can get a job. I did have a job but my parents made me quit because they wanna keep me at home.

RE: I'm 16 almost 17 and i wanna leave home

Thank you so much for reaching out to us for help. It sounds like you are in a really difficult situation. We are here to listen and support you in any way that we can. We are not legal experts, however we can give you some general information. If you leave home without permission, your parents can call the police, who may search for you and make you go back home. Again we aren't legal experts, however if police become involved that may increase your family's risk of having immigration issues. As an undocumented person and a runaway, you may find it difficult to get a job or somewhere to live. If your parents give their permission and provide written consent for you to stay somewhere, you shouldn't have a problem moving out. Your parents can take away their permission at any time, and they would still be your legal guardians and be responsible for making alternative arrangements for you if you are not living at home with them. We can help talk through all your options and help you come up with a plan to deal with your situation and stay safe. Please don't hesitate to give us a call any time 24/7 or chat with us online. We are looking forward to hearing from you soon, and wish you the best of luck.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X