No announcement yet.

Confused and In Need of Help

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused and In Need of Help

I'm a fifteen year old girl, in eight grade and ready to go onto high school. Except there's a problem. I don't like it at home. At all. I've had thoughts of moving out for two years now, but my mother says it won't work out and doesn't even give me the benefit of a doubt. My grandfather and uncle (both whom are under the legally handicapped laws) came back, and I'm basically treated like a slave. The living conditions are worse than poor with me having to share my room with three other people (my two brothers and my mother). I've tried to get my mom to let me stay at my teachers house since I trust her more than anything, but she refuses to allow that. Not only that, but my family are just downers, and when I was diagnosed with clinical depression a few months ago, the best I got was "suck it up" coming from my mom, and a whole bunch of "just another one of us, now." from my older brother.

But it's not completely terrible. I have a friend who lives in a hotel, and I've been hatching up a plan to save enough money to get a one room apartment and be like my friend's partner. However, of course, there's more to it. I'm only fifteen without a learner's permit, job, or any way to get any amount of income, so there's no way I'll be able to afford an apartment by myself, and I don't think I'm legally able to get a loan because of my age. I've talked with my mom about letting me stay with my friend, but that got shot down before I could even give her all the details (her father wouldn't mind it if I stayed over as long as I did my part and helped out around the apartment, I've adapted to sleeping on the couch really well, too.)

There's also adoption, which I've tried once again to let my mother allow me to do, but she refuses to give her consent. There's really no where for me to go, but I need to find some way to get out. Child services came down here a few times and is keeping a watch on the shape of my house and how everyone is getting along, but my mom seems hellbent on forcing me to clean up so we don't get taken away. For a time being, I understood because as she put it I "wouldn't know where I would be landed at." But then I got to thinking and realized that if I could get either my friend or my teacher to adopt me (which both are very willing to do so, especially my teacher who had called child services after hearing my story) then I would know exactly where I was going.

I just really need to get out of this house. There are so many secrets to it and I just don't want to become another one like I was never human at all. If anyone knows how to help, I'd be grateful.

Posted several times because I just need to get it seen.

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. We noticed that you shared this post multiple times and reached out through one of our other digital mediums. Because of the volume of calls, e-mails, chats, and forum posts we receive, we are unable to respond more than once to the same messages. If you have any other questions, please write to us again and we'll be happy to answer them.

Take care,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat which is open every day from 4:30p to 11:30p CST and can be accessed here:

National Runaway Safeline
    info@1800runaway.org (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X