15 and in serious need of emancipation, lives in Tennessee

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 and in serious need of emancipation, lives in Tennessee

Hello my name is Belle.
    I am in need of emancipation and asap. I have just recently came out as a female to male transgender, that is also gay. I have slipped back into a deep depression due to the nonacceptance i am receiving from my friends and specifically my mom. I have no one to help me, and i feel trapped and alone. Can i get emancipated and get a GED since there is no way i can make it through high school, since i am only a freshman? I am utterly scared for my mental stability and future because of all this.

please help me.

Hi Belle,
    Thank you for reaching out to National Runaway Safeline. We are here to help.
    You said that you recently came out as gay and transgender and that you are not being accepted by your friends and mom. We are very sorry to hear this. You certainly deserve to be accepted and supported regardless of your sexual orientation and gender identity.
    You also asked if you can get emancipated and get a GED since you are feeling like you can’t make it through high school. One thing to consider with emancipation is that laws can vary by state. While we are not legal experts, we know is that the judge would have to consider you capable of supporting yourself financially at the time your case is heard. One first step you may consider is seeking part-time employment. Here is some information about GED in Tennessee: https://www.tn.gov/workforce/topic/high-school-testing. It appears that GED eligibility is 17 years old or 16 if you are emancipated.
    You mentioned that you experience depression and you don’t have any support from your friends or mom. You should not have to go through this alone. You may consider reaching out to an adult you know or a school counselor to talk about what you’re going through. You also might consider reaching out to the LGBT National Hotline – 1-888-843-4564 or the LGBT National Youth Talkline at 1-800-246-7743. There is also support available through the Trans Lifeline 1-877-565-8860.
    Please don’t hesitate to contact us directly at 1-800-RUNAWAY or through our live chat on our website if you would like to discuss more options for your situation.
    Best wishes,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat which is open every day from 4:30p to 11:30p CST and can be accessed here:

National Runaway Safeline
    info@1800runaway.org (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/NRSOnlineServicesSurvey

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X