Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I move out of state at 18 in Mississippi?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I move out of state at 18 in Mississippi?

I've been dealing with emotionally (and at times physically) abusive and manipulative parents. I'm 18 years old and I live in Mississippi. I know I'm legally considered a minor here until I turn 21, but I can't wait three more years. Can I legally leave the state of Mississippi without parental concent? If I can't and I leave anyway and get married, can they still file me as a runaway? Also, if they find me out of state and I am NOT married, can they force me to come back? I live in a small town and everyone knows my parents so I can't ask anyone else.

Hi,

Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to us today. It sounds like you’re going through so much right now. We are so sorry to hear about all the abuse you’ve been facing. You definitely don’t deserve that.
    It seems like we’ve answered this question on one of our platforms with a really similar experience, so if you have any specific questions we have not answered please feel free to reach out to us again! Or you can always look at past bulletins we have answered to see what we have said previously.

As always, you can feel free to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY 24/7, one of our liners would be more than happy to talk to you about what you’re going through.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X