No announcement yet.

Idaho laws

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Idaho laws

    I live in Idaho and 'll be 17 in june. And my boyfriend will be 16 in August. I'm pregnant. And I need to know all the laws and regulations that you can provide me with. Like can his dad send him away from me and the baby to a different state possibly a different country? Just because he wants to. What rights do me and my boyfriend have and what rights do my parents and his dad have? My parents are very supportive so I have no doubt that when I tell them they will be supportive about the situation and not make it harder on us. I'm just worried about his dad. I don't think his dad has ever liked me and he has threatened to send him away just because he likes to make his life hell. Is there ways he can get away from his dad? If so what ways and what requirements must be met in order for that to be applicable? Any information you can give me would be helpful. Thanks.

  • #2
    Hi there,
    Thank you for reaching out to National Runaway Safeline. We are here to help.
    You said that you are pregnant and are worried about your boyfriend’s dad sending him away from you. This sounds like a difficult situation for you to be in. As a minor, your boyfriend may be subject to having to move based up on his guardian’s decision. While we are not legal experts, you may consider looking into emancipation services to determine if your and your boyfriend’s status change as a result of becoming parents. State laws on emancipation vary on this, and some may consider parents to be adults. Some legal resources for the state of Idaho are: Idaho Legal Aid Services Agency: (877) 500-2980/(20 667-9559 and Idaho Legal Aid Services, Inc: (20 524-3660.
    It’s good to hear that you have supportive parents. You shouldn’t have to go through this alone. Pleaes know that we are also available 24/7 to explore additional options and resources with you if you’d like.
    Best of luck,

    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    • #3
      I’m 17, turning 18 in February which is only a month away but in this house, it feels like years. My mom is extremely mentally abusive to me. Every day I get called a new insult. I’m no longer aloud to see my friends or my boyfriend. I’m very depressed and she makes it worse. My best friend and her mom are willing to take me in after I turn 18 but I don’t know if I can last that long. We were all wondering if there was a way for her to take me sooner than that. This house is extremely toxic for me and I feel like I’m suffocating. I need help out. Please


      • ccsmod10
        ccsmod10 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hey there,

        Thanks for reaching out; it takes a lot of courage to share your story. No one deserves to be disrespected and insulted, it must be disheartening to have to go through this. It sounds like your friend and her mother care a great deal about you.

        If you’re comfortable, it might be a good idea to reach out to your mother to share your feelings and tell her about your desire to live at your friend’s house now to see if she’s open to the idea. It’s also important to consider all the aspects of moving away from your home; knowing how long you’re allowed to stay, any curfews or rules that might be in place, expectations to pay rent and utilities, etc.

        If you’d like to go further in depth about options that may be available or want to talk, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY or chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re 24/7 and here to listen and support you.

        All the best,
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif