Need to move out

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need to move out

I am 17 live in nc and i am pregnant, there is currently a custody battle between my parents over me, i live with my mom right now and she verbally abuses me, it is causing me extreme stress which is bad for my baby, iwant to move out and i have a friends place to go to, but i am afraid my mom will call the cops and say i was kidnapped. I cannot move in with my father. what can I do? I cannot emancipate myself because i have no job.

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us. Based on what you shared about the way your mom talks to you, it's understandable that you would want to leave there to live somewhere else. However, that may not be as possible as you feel it should be. Being 17 and pregnant doesn't necessarily mean you can move out and choose where you want to live. If your parents currently have a custody battle ongoing, you leaving home may make your situation worse. Your mom can file a runaway report for you if you leave without permission, meaning she can possibly still make you come back. You might need to consider other ways of relieving stress in your home as best you can. Maybe talk with your dad about what you can do, or utilize other adults that may be helpful to you. If you need additional help, we are available by phone 24/7 and through chat on our website.

Best,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X