18 wanting to move out

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 18 wanting to move out

I'm 18 still in high school. My aunt and uncle had guardianship over me. Im 18 now and they're still treating me like a child controlling me and telling me what I can and can not do. When I can and can't go out, who I can and can not go out with. Again, I'm 18 still in high school and have been looking to move out since the day I turned 18 but both my aunt and uncle are telling me that I can't move out. They've even been taking my car away from me as well as searching my room without permission. I pay my own bills. I pay my car bill, my phone bill, as well as buying things I need. Im pretty much doing it all on my own. So I feel like it would be appropriate for me to be able to move out. Are my aunt and uncle just telling stories or am I able to legally move out without them having a say?

Depending on where you live, youre legally considered an adult and responsible for your actions. So legally you can move out without their say, as long as your car and all that is in your name then your good. The only thing is, it sounds like theyll make it complicated for you

Comment

• ccsmod1
      ccsmod1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks for posting on the forum and sharing! 18 is the age of majority in most states, however everyone's situation is different. If there is anything we can help you with or you have questions, don't hesitate to give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY or chat with us online!
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X