No announcement yet.

I am 17 how do i give my friends mom temporary guardianship of me

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I am 17 how do i give my friends mom temporary guardianship of me

    hello im 17 and im trying to move in with my friends family so i am able to go to school which requires me to be in the district and to have a guardian also in the district. i am wondering how im able to give his parents guardianship of me or even if i can do that how would i do it i really need to know soon because i need to move out soon because of the school year.

  • #2
    Reply: I am 17 how do I give my friends mom temporary guardianship of me #2

    Thanks for contacting the national Runaway Safeline.

    We are not legal experts and can only offer general information. At 17 providing you have parents or legal guardians you would need their consent to move out of the home.
    Since we do not know exactly what your situation is you might consider calling 1-800-Runaway (786-2929).
    You can tell us your story and perhaps we can explore some options with you.

    We hope to hear from you soon.

    Take Care,

    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp