Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm 17 and i want to move in with my friend and his family with my parents permission

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi i am *******, i am 17 and i live in *******. I have a good paying job, and a few hundered in the bank, and i want to move in with my boyfriend and his family who live only 15 mins from where i live now and also only live 5 mins from the school i go to. I would get the permission of my dad to allow me to live with them but i know my mom would never. I need to know if i still can with only one parents permission. My mom is an addict and i feel she might have a few mental illnesses. Im a junior and wanting to finish highschool as soon as i can.
    Last edited by ccsmod3; 05-04-2021, 02:18 AM. Reason: Edited to maintain confidentiality

Comment

• ccsmod3
      ccsmod3 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there!

Thanks for contacting NRS. We know that it can take a lot of courage to reach out for support, and we're glad you took that step.

Leaving home with parental consent is one of the best ways to go about leaving and avoiding potential legal ramifications, thought it's tough to say what might happen if both parents don't agree on letting you go. Assuming both of your parents have custody, it's likely in your best interests to have them both on board with your plans--whether mom is an addict or not.

If you're looking for a firm answer on what might happen, it might make sense for you to consult with a legal professional on this matter.

If you'd like to chat in more detail about your situation, please feel free to reach out to us directly by calling 1-800-RUNAWAY, or by chatting with us live at www.1800runaway.org. We're available 24/7 and are always happy to listen, and to help.

Take care.

NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X