No announcement yet.

Information about moving out

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Information about moving out

    Okay so I'm a 16 y/o male in Texas and I don't have any family besides my father whom I currently live with. I hate it here, I'm sick and tired of the constant yelling and threats and verbal abuse among other things. My friend who lives in the same town is a 19 y/o male who wants me to live with him which is what I want to do. I haven't ran it by my father yet but I know what his answer will be which is most likely a no. I want to know if I can do it anyways and if he can call the police and have me classified as a runaway if he know where I'm going to be stay, like maybe there's some kind of loophole there if you know what I'm trying to say. Maybe I can write a not or type something up giving him my address on where I'll be staying and some kind of contact number. Please help, thank you!

  • #2
    RE: Information about moving out


    We are sorry to hear you have been having a difficult time with your father. Everyone should be able to feel safe and comfortable in their home.

    In order to reside in another home, you would need the permission of your legal guardian. If you were to leave home without your father's permission, he would have the right to file a Run Away report.

    If you do not feel safe at home you always have the right to contact Child Protective Services or give us a call so we can help you explore options.

    Best of luck,

    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp