Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am I considered a runaway?

This last summer my legal guardian approved for me to live with my aunt for the summer. At the end of the summer she basically said don't come back and so I went to live with my grandparents. The Guardianship has never been transferred to them and being 16 I can't get drivers ed or anything like that. I have contacted my case worker and they said that my guardian needs to revoke custody... she won't call me back and has blokes me on social media. I don't know if she has called me in as a runaway and I'm really scared she had? But am I considered a runaway. I am really confused and worried any help would be very appreciated thank you

Re: Am I considered a runaway?

Hello –

Thank you for reaching out with your questions and concerns. It sounds like you are in a tough situation right now and trying to figure out what to do. You mentioned that you are having a really hard time with your current guardian. It sounds like you are safe and living with your grandparents but custody has not been switched over and you are concerned she listed you as a runaway. It doesn’t really sound like a runaway situation, if anything it may be neglect on the part of your guardian because you are trying to reach out to them to talk about the situation and they are not responding. You mentioned that you have spoken with your caseworker. Have they attempted to contact your guardian and figure out the situation?

It’s understandable that you are concerned about this but it sounds like you are being up front about the situation and trying to reach out to your guardian and also speaking with your caseworker. If you would like to talk through this a bit more in depth or if you need some specific resources we would be happy to help. Our services are confidential and anonymous and there is always someone here to listen and here to help.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X