X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• life

life sucks.
    i dont know what to do anymore.
    well soo much has gone on today alone, and in the past, and my sister (who is 1 and i (im 15) have decided that we want to move out--our dad basically wants us out...

so since i KNOW there arent any options in this we are looking into a couple of things and wondering if you could help us--

1) Is emancipation possible in Idaho? I know it says that its not in the laws--but wouldnt there be special circumstances?
    2) What is power of attorney--and how could we go about transferring custody to my sister?

thanks sooo much.

Re: life

Hi,
    sorry to hear about whats going on at home with your dad. You mentioned your dad would like to see you and your sister out of the house. Do you think he would transfer custody of you to your sister? Are there any other family members who might be willing to take custody of you? Since you seem familiar with the emancipation law in Idaho but want to know more about family law we are listing a referral for your legal questions. We hope they are able to give you the answers you are seeking and wish you good luck.

Idaho Volunteers Lawyers Program:
    1-800-221-3295

Take Care,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

i dont know if he would really be willing to transfer custody to my sister, and i really dont want to ask him because im afraid of him getting mad...

but i would really like to call that number--but im scared to do it by myself because i wouldnt know what to say--could i call you guys first to talk about it?

thanks

Comment

Thanks for writing in again and keeping us posted. It's understandable that you would be nervous about talking to your dad about switching custody. You mentioned the possibility of your sister taking custody of you. Have you already talked with your sister about that possibility? Do you think she would be willing to support you in that decision, and perhaps help you talk with your dad about it?

You can give us a call here anytime, so if you want to discuss options or just talk about the situation we are to listen. You can call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY 24 hours a day and we are a completely confidential hotline. If you don't feel comfortable calling resources on your own we can conference call with you if you like. Sometime it can be easier to talk with someone, if you have another person on the line advocating for your cause. Best of luck with everything and give us a call anytime.
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x
        Working...
        X