Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm 17 or am I 18?

Hi well I am planning to just finish everything here and leave on a high note. But when I leave I still want to continue on with my education. Now here is the real question when I do go, I plan not to go by the same anything, to rewrite and start over, so would it be easier if I just made my self 18 to deal with any legal reasons that I happen to pass by, or should I just go with my actual age of 17?

RE: I'm 17 or am I 18?

Hello there,

Thank you for reaching out to us during this difficult time. It sounds like you are planning on changing your identity once you leave home. Do you have any experience with changing record information? It may be difficult to legally change your date of birth without altering your birth certificate or other forms of permanent documentation. If you are able to wait until your actual birthday, once you turn 18 you would be considered a legal adult.

If you felt comfortable calling us to discuss your situation, we would be happy to talk to you about what is going on at home that is making you feel like starting over somewhere else. We are non-judgmental, confidential and open 24/7.
    Here at the National Runaway Safeline, we cannot tell you what you should or should not do. We can however help you explore options and come up with a plan for what to do next, and how to stay safe.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X