Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question

My mom just said that my relationship with my boyfriend is getting out of hand but we only get to see each other once every other weekend and we dont do sexual stuff, shes telling me i cant see him anymore what can I do? I'm 17

re: question

Hey there,

Thank you for reaching out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline, we are glad you are able to come to us for help. It sounds like you are going through a pretty tough situation with your mother and your boyfriend. Just know that we are here to listen and help in the best way we can.

Have you tried talking to your mom about the situation? Sometimes just letting you know how you feel and to let her know what is really happening with you and your boyfriend might leave her at ease. If you have tried this or are afraid of speaking to her, then perhaps you can potentially write her a letter letting her know how you are feeling and what stages you and your boyfriend are in. Sometimes it is scary for parents to accept their kids being in relationships because it is a scary thought of you growing up. Perhaps some reassurance and letting her know that you are aware that she is afraid but that you are being safe and smart about the relationship would help calm her nerves.

We understand that this is a tough situation and if you ever feel like talking to anyone about this or seeking more options, then feel free to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We also have a live chat session that is available from 4:30 PM to 11:30 PM CST.

We wish you the best of luck.

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X