Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm 17 and wanna move out with my pregnant girlfriend help!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm 17 and wanna move out with my pregnant girlfriend help!

I'm 17 and my girlfriend is pregnant I started packing my stuff and my mom never said anything but I ask her to write a note for her parents so I can get my Medicaid and change schools but she won't what can be done. I'm trying to do the right step to be a good boyfriend and a responsible parents please help me please thanks.

re: I'm 17 and wanna move out with my girlfriend help!

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out to us here at the National Runaway Safeline, we're sorry to hear that you're going through a tough time and are glad that you reached out to us. Congratulations on your pregnancy, although it can be difficult to figure out the first steps, it can also be very exciting. Just so you know, you are not alone and we are here to assist you in the best way we can.

From what you mentioned, it seems like you are doing the mature things by seeking help and being responsible. It seems like you are having difficulties going through the Medicaid process and are having difficulties transferring schools. For the Medicaid process, an option can be to contact the Planned Parenthood hotline, their number is 1-800-230-7526, they are a 24/7 hotline just like us. They will be able to help you with looking for insurance help in your area.

We are not legal experts here, but from experience we do have some knowledge that in most states you are still considered a minor which means your parents are still your guardians and have the right to file a runaway report. As for school, most schools require you to have a guardian register you. If you have further questions regarding school and how the police department would handle your situation, perhaps you can consider calling your local police department, where everything remains confidential and you can contact your local high school regarding registration.

Just a reminder, we are a toll free and anonymous hotline. We encourage you to call with any further questions or concerns. We look forward to hearing from you and possible helping you sort out your current troubles. Our number is 1-800-RUNAWAY or you can reach out to us through our live chat sessions that are available every day from 4:30 PM to 11:30 PM CST. We wish you the best of luck.

Stay strong,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X