•  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod13
    replied
    RE: 16 and running

Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are going through a difficult time right now. Running away is a big step and it is great that you have reached out for help and support.

It sounds like home is not where you want to be. It also sounds like you are not being supported or appreciated for being you. You mentioned that you have been thinking about suicide. One form of support you could turn to is the National Suicide Hotline 1-800-273-Talk the next time you are contemplating hurting yourself. If you are not able to call, a good resource you can turn to is www.suicideperventionlifetime.org or www.twloha.org.

It sounds like you have been thinking about this for a while. We are not legal experts here, but I can give you some general information about what could happen. In most states, the legal age of an adult is 18 years old. If you run away, your guardians have the right to make a runaway report if you leave home without their permission. If they decided to make a report, and the police found you they would more than likely bring you home. The outcome varies by state and what type of situation it is. To get the most accurate information, you should contact legal services in your state or the non-emergency police line. If you want to talk to somebody about your plans, you can call us 24 hours a day at 1-800-RUNAWAY or reach us through our live chat at www.1800runaway.org between 4:30 and 11:30 pm CST. We are looking forward to talking with you!

NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic 16 running

16 running

I just hate life. I feel like I don't matter to anybody. My mother kicked me out to live with my grandparents, who don't give a ******** about me. My friends ignore me and if they aren't they just treat me like ********. I want to leave my area for awhile, just to become more happy and to get away from everything. I've been planning on it for awhile now but I fear the reprecutions of what could happen when I return. I believe that I'm manic depressive, which has caused me to want to kill myself several times in the last few months. This feels like the only alternative to that, getting away from everything and everyone. My grandparents leave money laying around like it's nothing, so money wouldn't be an issue. I just need to get away from everything and everyone I know.
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X