Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16 yr. old pregnant teen runs away from guardians home

Hi I will try to make this short... Our son got his 16 yr. old girlfriend pregnant before we even knew of this he was kicked out for his behavior. When he called us out of no where a month or two later saying she was pregnant and to come and meet her we did. She complained about her dad and his wife and how everything was horrible and she was being abused. An incident occurred that had me go to the home with the police and have her stay here. Her father agreed to give me and my husband temporary custody but we were her last hope because of how her behavior is and she is violent at times when angry. We took a temporary custody form to the notary to have signed and she has been here for 3 months now. Things are mess and she ran away a few days ago and has been so evil posting on facebook lies about us and how her and her son will be just fine and we will never see him and no one will control her. My son is upset and we are devastated as she played us for a fool. Her and my son broke up in maybe July and I want to know could we file a report to have her found (she will not tell anyone where she is) and can we fight for custody of our grandchild I believe she is not ready to be a mom and can be violent at times and often depressed but very evil and sneaky. Everyone who knows us or have seen us with her will support us if we can .

re: 16 yr. old pregnant teen runs away from guardians home

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out tonight and sharing this story with us. It sounds like you and your son and his ex girlfriend are going through so much. It sounds like you care for your son a lot and did a great thing for trying to support this young lady. It seems pretty frustrating that she wasn’t honest about who she was and about what you have done for her. We’re glad that you reached out. So let’s see how we can help you tonight.

If you are currently legally responsible for her, you have every right to file a runaway report with the police. If you’re not sure about custody or guardianship, you can still call your local police department and ask them if you would be able to make a report. The police might be able to help look for her and if they find her they would bring her back home. If she ran and you are legally responsible and you didn’t make a report, then you could face neglect charges, so it might be a good idea to call the police to make sure.

You always have the right to fight for custody of someone. There is no guarantee that you would gain custody of your grandchild, but it is something that you can look into. The first step for something like that is to contact a lawyer.

We hope that this information is helpful to you. If you’d like to talk more about what is going on or to be provided with referrals and resources, your next step would be to contact us at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We are here 24 hours a day. If you aren’t able to call, you can chat with us through our website (www.1800runaway.org) from 4.30pm-11.30pm Central Time.
    We look forward to your call or chat.

Best of luck to you,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X