16.pregnant.on the run

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16.pregnant.on the run

i have been on the run since december. i found out that i was pregnant in january i am also legaly in the custody of dss. i am scared that dss is going to take my child away when it is born. i am curently living with my boyfriend and his father. my boyfriend and i had many drug problems. when we found out i was pregnant we stopped the drugs and alcohol and all the partying. i have been streesing myself out becuas emy boyfriend has been trying to find a job and can not get one. although we get money from his dad when he has money and we need to get groceries or something we are on no income at the moment. we have decided to keep the baby. i have been getting as much support and help from both my parents and my boyfriends. his mom has recently had brain surgery so it is also a difficult time for us all. my parents are on ssi and get section 8 so they are unable to do anything for us. my mom and dad cannot apply for my custody because i used to have many problems at home with my mom becuase we did not get along.and i was always running away. i have been in dss custody since i was 12 years of age. i always ran away from the residentials they put me in for reasons of sexual harassment, or i felt like i was being locked up. i get home sick when i can not see my family ro be around them. i was unable to have contact with my parents. i have been sexualy assulted 2 times while being in the custody of dss.all for reason that simply they can not provide care for me. i was once put ina foster home for 1 year when i was about 13 years of age i did extremly well there. i never ran from the foster home. i got excelent grades in school. i did acceptional there. all in all i do not want to return to dss custody and i am frightened to have my child taken from me and put in dss custody becuase i do not want it to go through what i have. i want my child to be able to grow up and say wow as many problem and issues my parents may have had and as young as they were they still, were able to care for me. i am hoping to get information on emantipation and if that is a possiblity for me. i belive that it is the best way to go for me right now. my boyfriend and i are also planning to get married but i am not sure we will be able to. if you could please give me information on that it would be great. thank you!

Re: 16.pregnant.on the run

Hi, thanks for contacting us. It must be a difficult and confusing time for you right now. Sorry to hear about all that's happened to you while in state care. As far as your legal concerns go, we are not legal experts and can't give you legal advise, but we can refer you to the Juvenile Law Center. The website is JLC.org. They may have info that will answer your ?s. You can also call our hotline and we can look up local legal referrals for you. Hope that helps.

Good luck,
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Re: 16.pregnant.on the run

It sounds like things were going good for you when you were in foster care at age 13. Do you know what had changed your from you being in foster care to residential housing? Do you think that your case worker knows who you are staying with and that you have a boyfriend?

You can file for emancipation in the Probate and Family court in your county even though in the state of Massachusetts does not have a formal procedure. Becoming emancipated can be a hard process and is rare that for a judge to grant minor emancipation status. However, the judge would have to be convinced that it is in the best interest for you. Also your case worker can petition for a minor under 17 to Children in Need of Service (CHINS), if the minor has frequently runs away from residential home, is often truant from school or refuses to obey any reasonable demands. Have you thought about if emancipated process takes longer than you were hoping for what you might do? If the emancipate is not granted, have you came up with a backup plan? Here is a website regarding emancipation in the State of Massachusetts that might be helpful for you.
      http://www.clcm.org/minors_rights.htm.

We know it sounds like a lot to think about and consider. We are here 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and completely confidential if you are want to talk more about this or have any questions. We can also assist you with call the court or case worker in a conference call. Our number here is 1800RUNAWAY (1800-786-2929). We wish you the best of luck! Take care.

~NRS
      Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      [email protected] (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x
      Working...
      X