• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ccsmod13
    replied
    RE: can i be arrested!?

Hello,

Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safline. You mentioned there is a lot going on in your life and it is difficult for you to handle it. You have contacted the right place. We are here to support you in what you decide to do.

You said that you are 16 and you had some good questions that went along with that. Running away is a big step and it is great that you are thinking ahead for the answers. Running away is a status offense, it is not a criminal one. This means that if your legal guardian was to file a runaway report on you and the police were to find you, you would not be arrested. You would be brought back home to your legal guardians.

We hope that answers your questions and if you ever feel like you want to talk or need the support to come up with a plan please feel free to call us at 18007862929 or chat with us at our website everyday from 4:30-11:30pm. We look forward to hearing from you and again we hoped this helped.

NRS

Leave a comment:

Guest started a topic can i be arrested!?

can i be arrested!?

Im 16. There is so much going on in my life and I cant deal anymore! I want to run away. What are the consequences? Can I be arrested?
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X