is it ok

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• is it ok

I'm 17 years old and my boyfriend is in his twentys, im pregnant but its ok with my mom. and we been together for two years. can he still get in trouble with the law if its ok with my mom, she is even signing the papers for us to get married. so the Qustions still remains can he still get in trouble. Kate

Re: is it ok

Thanks so much for writing in. It understandable that you want to make sure that no charges are going to be pressed against your boyfriend. In most states the age of majority is 18, but it can be different depending on the state you are in and even your specific county. It sounds like one thing your worried about is that you don’t want your boyfriend charged with anything like statutory rape. Generally police don’t just look at if the youth is under 18, but at the age gap as well and see how significant that is.
    The biggest thing though is that your mom is fine with you guys being together and having a baby. You even said that she is going to sign off for you to get married. In most cases it is usually the parents that will charge the youth or tell the police. It doesn’t seem that this is going to be an issue in any way because your mom is okay with you getting married, so it doesn’t seem that the police would have any reason to get involved. If you want to make sure, you may be able to get in touch with your local authorities on there none emergency number, or speak with someone who knows the specifics of the laws in your area. If you ever want information on this or need someone to talk with you can always give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY. We are a completely confidential hotline and there is someone here 24 hours a day. Hopefully some of that information helps, so best of luck and take care.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X