Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Guest replied
    If you want to go to a trip that requires your passport and your 18 , can they legally hold onto your information? My parents refuse to give me any information because they know I've paid for my ticket but still refuse, do I call the non emergency police to assist me?

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod0
    Super Moderator

• ccsmod0
    replied
    re: im need my papers

Hi there,

Thanks for posting here today. It sounds like you’re working on putting together a plan to make sure that you are able to support yourself and your family. That’s impressive and really great. We’re here to support you in that. You’re asking a good question so let’s see how we can help you out.

You have a right to your identifying documents. So you have the right to your birth certificate and social security card. If your parents are refusing to give them to you, you can contact the police to have them come to your parent’s house with you to get those papers. You can also try to contact your high school to see if they have your transcripts or your paperwork on file.

We are a little unclear as to what your question is though. If you’d like to give us a call or chat with us, we would be able to explore with you a little bit more about what’s going on and maybe provide you with more solid options for you. You can call us 24 hours a day at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or chat with us through our website (www.1800runaway.org) from 4.30pm-11.30pm central time.

We look forward to your call or chat.

Best of luck to you,

NRS

Leave a comment:

• Unregistered
    Guest replied
    im need my papers

Im 17 i ask my parent to give me my birth certificate and my social because my girl friend pregnant and i need to start working

Leave a comment:

• ccsmod1
    Super Moderator

• ccsmod1
    replied
    RE: I'm recently 17 and about to turn 18 and my parent wont let me leave

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out to us for help. It sounds like you are in a really tough situation. Once you turn 18, your parents do not have the legal right to withhold your legal documents from you. If they refuse to give you your documents, you have the right to call the police for assistance. If you would like some more information, you might think about calling the police non-emergency number to ask questions about how they might handle this situation. If you have any more questions, please give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We are here to listen and support you in any way that we can. We are looking forward to hearing from you, and wish you the best of luck.

Leave a comment:

• I'm recently 17 and about to turn 18 and my parent wont let me leave

I'm an immigration came from VietNam on 2010, I will turn 18 on November 17,2014. I want to leave my parent because I feel like I can't stay in this family anymore. I decide to go back to my home country but in hand my parent is holding all my paper work which is my passport, greencard, birth certificate and social security. They said that they won't give me back any paper work even I'm turn 18, so it mean I can't leave the house or the country forever if they doing that. If I call the police and tell them that I'm 18 and legally adult can they help me take back my paper work so I can leave? or is there anyway to make them give me back my paper work? please help, I don't know what to do anymore
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
x
x
Working...
X