No announcement yet.

I'm recently 17 and about to turn 18 and my parent wont let me leave

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i’m 17 and i’m about to give labor in a couple months do i need to go in the hospital with my mom ?

Comment

• ccsmod1
      ccsmod1 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

Thanks so much for reaching out and sharing a little bit about what's going on. It is up to you where you want to give birth and who you would like there. It may be beneficial to reach out to your local Planned Parenthood (plannedparenthood.org or 800-230-7526) for free or low-cost prenatal health care and for additional resources to help you create a birth plan that you are comfortable with.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

Stay safe,
      NRS

I am 17 and I am about to tun 18 in 6 months, but my parents won't give me my papers, such as birth certificate, SS number, etc. What should I do, and how can I get these papers for work, and school?

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Often, youth may reach out to NRS in several different ways to discuss their situation. If a response from NRS is not visible to a bulletin posting it may be that we have already provided services to that individual through another platform we provide such as email, our crisis hotline, or our live chat service (in operation every day from 4:30p to 11:30p CST). NRS encourages anyone in need of assistance to contact us through our 24 hour crisis hotline at 1-800-RUNAWAY to receive immediate support.
      Thank you, NRS

Hi, I’m 17 years old I turn 18 in June 2020, and I’m in Pakistan right now, my parents took me out of high school and therefore caused me to fail the grade, my parents told me we were going for a month only and now I figured it they lied and I do not feel safe here, I want to go back to the US so I can continue school and finish high school and get into college but my parents say that I am going to stay for a while and they are ruining my life because I left everything and they lied to me about going back, they have my passport but they won’t give it back to me and I feel safer in the US then here. Please any advice will help

Comment

• ccsmod0
      ccsmod0 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out to us at the National Runaway Safeline. It sounds like you are in a difficult situation, and we understand it takes courage to reach out for help. The National Runaway Safeline is located in the United States of America (USA). Our knowledge of helpful community based resources and our understanding of youth in crisis related laws is limited to the USA. If you are located in a country outside of the USA, you can use this link to find a youth helpline in or around your country: http://childhelpinternational.com/

We hope that by reaching out to a local resource, you are able to get the support you need from an organization that understands the laws and circumstances that affect youth in your country.

Best, NRS

I’m 17 year olds and I have a green card and at home things aren’t great and my fiancé his a American citizen And he wants to help me move out but I don’t think I can wait until 18 that’s 9 months my parents don’t believe in me and I’m thinks I believe and this is a awful situation for me to be in next year it’s gonna be my last year of school and ima need to be focus on my study’s but my parents complain that I have C’s and that is because I’m always trynna study but when I do that they always want me to do everything around the house...how can I leave this house at 17 and with a green card please help

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi, thank you for reaching out to us. We are glad that you did. It sounds like your situation at home is stressful. When you are trying to study, and your parents want you to do things around the house which effects your grades, which makes your parents not believe in you. We are sorry that you are going through all of this.
      We are glad that your fiancé is supportive of you and it sounds like they are really there for you. We aren’t legal experts, so how leaving home would affect your immigration status, we don’t know. Maybe you can use google to find a community group that matches your background to help answer that question. It is not illegal to run away, but it is possible that your status could be effected.
      If you do run away, your parents have the right to file a runaway report with the police. If they know where you are, they can ask the police to bring you home. It would be helpful to have a conversation with you so either by phone or chat because by talking and listening to you, we can help you identify the options you have.
      You can reach out to us via our phone hotline at 1-800-runaway (1-800-786-2929) or our live chat service available at 1800runaway.org We hope to hear from you soon.
      Sincerely, NRS

Ok so I'm 17 and I turn 18 in March and my grandma (who is my guardian atm) has told me that she has a court document that says she has control of me until I'm either 18 or until I graduate whichever come last, is that the way it suppose to be or is it supposed to be whichever comes first?? Bc I won't graduate until I'm 19 and the way I have been raised....well there's a lot of abuse there and I have places to go when I'm 18 but she keeps telling me that if she has to she will take me to court when I'm 18 and make me stay with her, can she even do that? I mean once we turn 18 I'm a legal adult and she would be holding me there against my will, which may I add is against the law isn't it?? I will not stay in that house any longer than I have to, so is she telling the truth abt the documents or is she scaring me??

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. We are sorry to hear you are dealing with a difficult situation with your grandma. We are by no means legal experts, and every case is different. According to most states, once you turn 18 you are considered a legal adult and have say in where you live- we can’t say for certain if these documents she is talking about are real or not- but you can always call your local non-emergency number and ask how they would handle this situation. You can also give us a call at 1-800-786-2929 and we would be happy to explore your situation more in detail.

Best of luck,
      NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X