Collapse
No announcement yet.

running away to another state

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I want to run away from Massachusetts and get a flight to California, and then a flight to Asia. I’m only 13, but I’ve been working towards my future for a while, I want to be a performer but to do that I would have to be a trainee and I would have to weigh a certain amount. That weight is a healthy weight, it isn’t underweight but it’s less then I weigh. So I set up a diet for myself, which was extremely healthy I was doing great, I was always satisfied with myself and my progress but I didn’t even get a whole month through when my mother brought me to the doctor because she thought I had a eating disorder, and I found out that I lost 10 lbs that month which was good ))) and I was still 15 lbs above my goal. But ever since that, this last week I’ve been forced to eat a lot of food. Like a crazy amount that isn’t healthy for anyone, and it doesn’t even consist of healthy foods either. My parents made me easily gain 20 lbs and I feel upset, frustrated, pissed off, and ashamed and so unhealthy and I always end up crying for at least one hour every day total. And, I told them about how I wanted to work towards my dream and pursue it and they told me they wouldn’t allow me to do that. So, my parents are not allowing me to do follow my dreams which I am extremely passionate about, without that my life seems pointless and they’ve made me gain sm weight and feel so much pain, currently I’m doubled over in pain cause my stomach hurts so much because they just made me eat so much. I just want to be happy and work towards my dream and control my own future and what I eat and I want to do that by getting away. ASAP. I have a very close friend who I want to go with, who has similar problems with her family as I do. I want to run away and I know where I could get shelter and food, I just need to know what legal charges I could face now or in the future

Comment

• ccsmod2
      ccsmod2 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you for reaching out to us here at National Runaway Safeline. We understand that it takes courage to seek help. We are sorry to hear about the way your parents have been treating you. It sounds like you plan to runaway to another country. Having a plan to ensure your safety is important. Running away isn't against the law, so you wouldn't face any legal charges. However if you were to stay with an adult, they could get charged with harboring a runaway. We hope that helps, please feel free to contact us directly via our 24 hour crisis hotline (1-800-786-2929), email, or live chat.

Hi I’m **** I live in Texas and I want to runaway to Washington state with my boyfriend. I’ve been thinking about running away a lot and I’ve done it before, but I’m scared that they’ll find me or it’ll scare my family to death. Do I need my social security number or my birth certificate to get away and have a job? And if I ever decided to come back would I get arrested.

Comment

• ccsmod5
      ccsmod5 commented
      Editing a comment
      .Hi, there,
      Thank you for reaching out. We aren’t legal experts, but we can give you some general information. You don’t mention your age in your post, but if you are under the age of 18 you would technically need guardian permission to leave. Otherwise, your parents or guardians could file a runaway report and it is a possibility that the police could find you and return you home. It sounds like you care a lot about your family and how your leaving might impact them. It could be a possibility to talk to your family about your desire to move to Washington with your boyfriend. That being said, if you don’t feel that talking to them is an option, you may want to consider the following: where you’ll go, who you’ll stay with, what you’ll do for food and other basic necessities, what you might do if you run into a dangerous situation or need emergency healthcare. Your safety is our number one priority, so it can be a good idea to have a well thought-out plan before taking the step to leave. Regarding your question about having your social security number and birth certificate, it could be a good idea to have those documents but it doesn’t necessary mean you would be able to get a job (it would depend on your age, your employers, etc). If you ever decided to return home, it’s unlikely that you would be arrested for running away.
      Thank you again for reaching out. If you have specific questions about your situation or need help finding resources, please feel free to give us a call at 1800-786-2929. Take care and stay safe!
      NRS

hey i live in columbia i want to run away to atalanta i ran away before so i know how it works but i wanna run away for goood like never come back im trying to stay away do a amber alert go out everywhere or just that state
    Last edited by ccsmod15; 08-30-2018, 07:56 PM. Reason: included name

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there, thanks for posting! Sounds like home is pretty stressful right now. We are glad you are looking for help.
      You mentioned wanting to leave the state. You may want to consider how you would get there, how you would make money, go to school, pay for food, clothes, doctors, etc. You said you have run away before. There is something called a runaway report that parents can file with police. Perhaps you are familiar. That is something else to consider when thinking about running away. We are here 24/7 by phone and also often through our website's chat service if you have more questions or want to talk further.
      We are not legal experts, but from what we understand, runaway reports and amber alerts can be made national, especially if your parents have a reason to think you left the state.

Thank you again for reaching out. We are always here to listen and support you. Call or chat anytime! 1-800-786-2929

Hi, my name is John and I want to run away to the woods, the problem is I'm 14 and I don’t know where the best place to go is. I’ve been suffering from a lot of anxiety and I usually don’t notice it when I am in the woods. I want to go somewhere secluded from people and somewhere no one will find me. But if I do get caught where would the police send me because the last time I ran away my dad said if I ever do again I can’t ever come back home.
    Last edited by ccsmod4; 09-14-2018, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Reply: Hi, my name is John

Hi there,
      Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS).

We appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on.
      As of right now you’re feeling like leaving is one of your only options.
      It also sounds like you have run away before and have some concerns about what might happen if you are picked up by the police.

While we are not experts on the law, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Should your father decide that he does not want you back home it is still his responsibility to see that you are in a safe place.
      Alternative housing could mean locating a runaway shelter or group home for you unless there is a relative or friend you can stay with.
      For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.

There may also be other options to help you with your anxiety.
      Sometimes talking with a friend or a counselor might help to work things out.
      NRS is here to listen and here to help.
      Having a space to vent and explore options may often bring out a solution previously not thought of. We are here as support to help you and your friend through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat. 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) or www.1800Runaway.org

Great job reaching out today.

If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.

Take care,
      NRS

Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      info@1800runaway.org (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
      Tell us what you think about your experience!
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x
      Working...
      X