No announcement yet.

running away to another state

  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • I am about 12 years old and I want to run away. My online friend offered to help but she lives in Brooklyn while I live in New Jersey. I want to run away by an hour from now since my mom is at work but my brother is at home. I have always felt useless and unhappy back at home and I want to be free from my family. I am scared my mom is gonna send me to another family because I don’t trust families now. Please give me ways for me to cross waters to Brooklyn without a vehicle and some tips.


    • ccsmod16
      ccsmod16 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hi there,
      Thanks for reaching out to us and for telling us a little about what’s been going on.
      We’re sorry to hear that you’re unhappy at home and how you’ve been feeling about yourself. It sounds like there’s a lot going on. We’re here to help and to listen, we want you to know that you’re brave for reaching out to us at this difficult time.
      It sounds like you’re not quite sure how to get to your friend’s house. We want to help you the best we can, we focus a lot on safety. Please contact us directly if you’d like to discuss this issue further. We’re available 24/7 on our Live Chat ( or our phone lines (1-800-786-2929).

  • Hi I am Nevaeh and 16 turning 17 in four months and I am planning on leaving my home town Erie,PA to New Jersey because I get abused physically and mentally and the money I had my abusers took from me and they won't allow me to have a job so hat should I do?


    • ccsmod6
      ccsmod6 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello and thank you for reaching out to the National Runaway Safeline. You deserve to live in an environment where you feel safe and comfortable. It is understandable for you to want to leave your abusers and live somewhere else. It might be wise to think about reporting the abuse to the CPS or DCFS in your state. If you want to know more about reporting and how that process works, you can reach out to the National Child Abuse Hotline at 1-800-422-4453. They are a great resource for understanding how to report and what can come of it.

      In terms of moving out, we would be happy to talk to you about how that might work and how to do it in a way that does not put your safety at risk. We have a database of youth shelters that might be useful to you or we can discuss other options such as family and friends. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us so we can talk more about what is going on and what options you have. We are 24/7 at 1-800-786-2929 and on chat at

      Take care,
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove