Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this legal?

In WV is it legal for your girlfriends parents to tell you to be at their house at a certain time to pick their daughter up on a date and when I get there have their friend that is a cop be there to tell me not to come back and tell me that her dad is going to kill me if I do? I'm 18 and my girlfriend is 16. I understand they are allowed to keep us a part but are they allowed to lure me into a situation like that?

Re: Is this legal

That certainly sounds like a tricky situation and we are sorry to hear you went through that. We are not lawyers here so it’s difficult for us to say if you could press charges because of what happened. You may be able to talk with the local police and possibly file a report with the supervisor against the officer. If you were interested in pursuing pressing charges against the officer or the family you would probably have to speak with a lawyer. We did provide a WV Legal Aid number below that may be helpful.

Legal Aid of West Virginia – 866-255-4370

If you have any further questions you can also reach us at our 24 hour hotline 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We also have a live chat available from 4:30p to 11:30p CST. Our services are confidential and anonymous and there is always someone available to provide options and resources. Take care.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X