No announcement yet.

What can she do?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • What can she do?

    I'm am 16. I live, forcefully, with my mother, her boyfriend and his son. I have moved out before and she made me come 'home' within three days. I again moved out for about a month. Both times I stayed with my boyfriend and his father. I did odd jobs to earn enough to live life comfortably. His father didn't have a problem with me staying there. I spoke to my mother as often as I could to tell her I was fine. Every time she soul be rude and cold and act as if I didn't matter. She then called the police and told them she hadn't heard or seen me in two week when I had just spoken to her that morning. Recently I have found out that I am about 6 weeks pregnant. I don't want to live with her. And whether I go back to stay with my boyfriend or somewhere of my own I don't want to stay with her. I live in Florida and my boyfriend lives very close to my moms job. We're been banned from seeing each other by my mom and so I know she won't sign a marriage license and she'll fight an emancipation. What can I do?

  • #2
    RE: What can she do?


    Thank you for contacting us at the National Runaway Safeline. It seems like a stressful situation you are going through (especially when 6 weeks pregnant) and we'd be happy to brainstorm some options with you. From what you describe, it seems like living at home with your mother and her boyfriend is not ideal for you. Have you talked to your mom to discuss your concerns of living at home? If not, how do you think that conversation will go? Do you think your mom would comfortable with you staying with someone else (other than your boyfriend and his father -- maybe nearby relatives)? If you'd like to discuss how to have some of these conversations or brainstorm other alternatives, feel free to give us a call at 1(800)RUNAWAY to speak with someone live.

    It is important to explore your resources to find the safest option for you. You mentioned possibly seeking emancipation -- for more information on emancipation, feel free to contact your local police department or Florida Legal Aid at (407)841-8310 (or the link below). Some items to consider are, how will you make a living? How does not having a guardian affect your current situation? (

    Additionally, how has your pregnancy been going? Have you contacting a doctor or sought medical attention? It seems like a lot is going on right now but it also sounds like you are handling as best as you could. Please feel free to contact us at 1(800)RUNAWAY or chat with us at during the hours of 4:30pm-11:30pm if you'd like to discuss additional options. We are available 24/7 and are anonymous and confidential. We wish you the best of luck.

    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp