About to Leave

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• About to Leave

Hi I'm 17 and from MA. I live in a house with 4 other siblings plus my parents and it is all so stressful. I have contemplated leaving and not coming back for years now. I don't feel like I can trust or talk to anyone in my house because they all jump to conclusions or automatically blame me for things I don't do. There are times when I have left to go stay at a friends house because literally all that goes on in my house is fighting, but my parents will not let me stay there. I can't take it anymore and I'm about to have a mental breakdown. I am just not sure what to do in this situation. Do I leave, Can I leave? or should I stay? I just don't know where to go.

RE: About to Leave

Hello,

We’re really glad you reached out to us. It sounds like you’re in a very stressful situation and you don’t have too many outlets to help manage the stress. Running away from home is a serious thing to consider. So, it requires serious thought and planning. We want to extend our support to you in any way that we can. One way we want to support you is to explore the details of you leaving home before you do so. Have you thought about where you would go or with whom you would stay? Will you have enough money to support and feed yourself while you are gone? Also, how will you get to where you’re going? We like to ask these questions to help make the safest plan possible, if you decide to leave.

We are a resource referral line for youth-in-crisis and their families and I would like to offer you any of our resources that might be helpful to you. Have you spoken about your concerns at home with a school counselor? Or have you considered contacting a mental health professional, such as a therapist? Having a 3rd-party present, especially one that is formally and professionally trained, can be an excellent platform from which to communicate your feelings and express yourself in the way you need.

You can also call us 24/7 at 1-800-RUNAWAY if you’d like to explore other ways we can support you. Also, you can chat with us at www.1800runaway.org during the hours of 4:30pm-11:30pm. We wish you luck and don’t hesitate to contact us!

Sincerely,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X