i don't want to move to mexico!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey , I’m 17 and Turn 18 in November and I already graduated I was even valedictorian, I and currently waiting on my daca to come but am undocumented and my parents want to force me to move to Mexico and I don’t want to I already got accepted to a community college I am on,y waiting on my daca to pay instate tuition instead of out of state fee , what can I do to not be forced to move to Mexico..

Comment

• ccsmod15
      ccsmod15 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello,

Thanks ever so much for reaching out to us. We are so sorry to hear that your family is trying to force you to move to Mexico. It sounds like you have already made a plan for your time after high school, and you would prefer to stay. Unfortunately, we are not legal experts, but we can provide general information that may help you figure out your next steps.

From what we understand, if you are considered a minor in your state, your parents decide where you would live. If you would like to stay where you are, one option you have is to explore whether your parents would consent to having you live with a family member in the area. If you have questions regarding your D.A.C.A. application, you may need to speak with someone familiar with immigration law so that they can inform you how moving back to Mexico might affect the status of your application. If you need help looking into resources that may help, or if you just want someone to talk to, feel free to reach out to us.

Whatever you decide, know that we are here to support you. We cannot tell you what to do, but we will do our best to help you stay safe as you figure out your next steps. You can reach us 24/7 by phone at 1.800.RUNAWAY (786.2929) or chat soon through our website www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button) if you are unable to call in. We unfortunately cannot give advice as we are non-directive. You know your situation best. We are here to listen, here to help. Stay safe!

-NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
x
x
Working...
X