No announcement yet.

What can I do?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • ccsmod4
    What can I do?

    Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.
    It sounds like you have some issues about being able to legally leave home at 17yrs of age.
    It's good to learn that you do not feel unsafe at home.
    NRS cannot say exactly what might happen legally should you decide to leave home.
    You might consider contacting the non emergency number of your local police or legal aid services to get information on the age of majority in your state. In other words at what age might someone legally leave home without being considered a runaway?
    Another option might be to contact NRS at 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) and enlist our conference call service.
    We can contact the your local police department/ legal aid agency and inquire on your behalf as you listen in.
    How does that sound?

    We hope this might be helpful thank you again for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.
    Take Care

    Leave a comment:

  • Unregistered
    Guest started a topic What can I do?

    What can I do?

    I am sixteen and I live in Michigan I want to move to Indiana with my grandma, but my mom won't let me. I will be seventeen in about four months. There is nothing illegal happening at my house no actual abuse is happening I just don't get along with my mom or step dad at all! Help, what can I do? What would happen if I just left to go down there?
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp