Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pregnant an terrifyed

i just turned 16 last week, im most likely pregnant and im so full of terror. every since i was small my parents have threatened me very harshly an unfairly. always making it clear they dont want me. i recently got in a car accident and i was going to get about 6 grand from the insurance company i was going to use that to start off my new life with my baby but my parents r taking it from me to use for a house they want to buy. i feel if my mom found out she wud beat me and my dads made it very clear if i make him mad he will beat me and wont stop till im basically in a coma. so i want to leave to protect myself and my baby but now i have no money and no friends so theres no one i could stay with please i really need help what should i do

Re: pregnant and terrifyed

Thank you so much for contacting us with your questions and concerns. It sounds like there is a lot going on right now and you are really concerned for the safety of you and your child. You mentioned that you just found out that you may be pregnant and you are really concerned about how your parents will react if they find out. It's understandable that would be a scary situation but we are glad you reached out to tell us a bit about what is going on. Have you taken a pregnancy test or gone to the doctor? If you do need some medical assistance it may be helpful to reach out to an agency such as Planned Parenthood (1-800-230-7526).

It also sounds like you are concerned for your safety in regards to your parents and that they have threatened abuse in the past and are doing so currently. If you do not feel safe or you are being abused in any way you have the right to contact child services and make a report against them. If you ever feel like you would like someone to help advocate for you and try and make an abuse report again we can certainly help with that. We are a confidential and anonymous agency but if you wanted to discuss your situation more in depth or wanted help reaching out to child services again you can always contact us at our 24 hour hotline 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We can also help you find other helpful options and resources, such as counseling or a youth shelter if you ever feel you are not in a safe situation and need to leave. There is always someone here to support you. We also have a live chat available from 4:30p to 11:30p CST if you feel more comfortable reaching out that way. Feel free to contact us anytime. Take care and be safe.
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

i cant find the live chat where is it?

Comment

Re: pregnant and terrifyed

Our live chat is available through our website www.1800runaway.org. If you look in the top right corner there is a red button that says "Get Help Live Chat" and you can click on that and be connected to a crisis worker. Our live chat is not open quite yet. Live chat is available from 4:30p to 11:30p CST. If you do need immediate assistance you can always reach out to us at our 24 hour hotline 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). There is always someone here to listen and here to help.
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

Comment

i also wanted to ask because my original plan when i found out i was pregnant was to take the 6 grand i was going to recieve from a car accident i had. i was going to use it to start out with my apartment when i leave. but my parents r taking it for themselves. is that legal? can they do that?

Comment

RE: pregnant an terrifyed

Hey there,

Thanks for reaching out again. At this time we have provided you with a listening ear and resources. For further support, we strongly encourage you to contact us directly at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929), and look forward to your call. Lastly, please note that we offer a live chat via our website at www.1800runaway.org every day from 4:30p to 11:30p CST.

Comment

i cant call because its not safe for me and i tried but i cant find your live session

Comment

Re: pregnant an terrifyed

Hello,

We just wanted to follow up and see if you were able to reach out to us. You said it wasn't safe for you to talk on the phone, so we hope you were able to try our Live Chat instead. If you had trouble, please visit http://www.1800runaway.org and click on the red Live Chat button. It is open every day from 4:30 to 11:30pm CST. It works best from a secure internet connection using the internet explorer browser. Hopefully those tips help and/or you were able to talk to us.

-NRS

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
                Auto-Saved
                x
                Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
                x
                or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
                x
                x
                Working...
                X