Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ran away at 17 from foster care

i'm 17 and i turn 18 next year. i ran away from foster care where i was being emotionally abused and threatened constantly. i am very self sufficient and can take care of myself fine, but i am at a point where i want to continue experiencing life and i cannot do so while living under the radar persay. i would like some legal advice as to what i can do to get myself 'free'. my parents have stable housing so i no longer need to be in foster care theoretically. i entered care voluntarily as well. State is PA. appreciate any and all help. thanks!

Re: ran away at 17 from foster care

Hi,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us here at NRS. We are here to help the best that we can through providing support and resources. It sounds like you have been through a lot, but you have been taking care of yourself which is a great thing to hear.
    So you told us that your parents now have stable housing so you do not technically need foster care any longer. Have you been in contact with your parents? One option we offer here at NRS is conference calling with youth and a guardian. If you were to call in at 1 800 RUNAWAY (786 2929), we could call out to a guardian and act as a mediator to facilitate a conversation between the two of you to make sure everyone is equally heard and advocate on your behalf.
    Our biggest concern is always safety. Have you been staying in a shelter, or with friends? We have a large database here; we could try to find you a safe place to stay as well.
    We are not legal experts here, but if you were to call in we could get you more specific legal resources in your area that would be more knowledgeable about your situation.
    We are available on chat from 4:30pm to 11:30pm CST, and our hotline is available 24/7 at 1 800 RUNAWAY (786 2929).
    We wish you luck with everything and hope to hear from you soon,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)
    Tell us what you think about your experience!

https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/we_care_what_you_think

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X