No announcement yet.

Running away to a friends house

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi. I want to run away without getting caught. My parents are really abusive towards me. They beat me sometimes, they yell at me, they try to make me feel bad about myself, they threaten to do ******** towards me. Imma give some stories. Sometimes my dad will whip me to the point where I have bruises all around my legs. He will lay punches on me. He gave me a bloody lip, almost a broken jaw, and yesterday I slit my eyebrow because I wanted to try a new look and he got mad and he shaved it off. Also, he punched me so hard in the chest I had trouble breathing last night, I would move side to side and my chest will hurt. He will get mad over the stupidest things he will beat me and shave off my hair. My life at home is like HELL. PLEASE HELP MEEEE. My dad thinks that beating me is the way to solve problems One time, he was cutting nearly all my hair off because I got in trouble and I kept moving to resist and he threaten me to STAB ME WITH A COMB if I don't stop moving. I WANT TO RUN AWAY BAD PLZ HELP ME

Comment

• Hi there,

We’re glad you found us and felt comfortable reaching out on our forum. First, we are so incredibly sorry to hear your parents are so abusive towards you. We know it doesn’t necessarily make things feel any easier; however, we hope you know that you do not deserve to be abused or mistreated at home. You certainly don’t deserve to be beaten and you do have a right to make a report and document any evidence. We recognize that making a report with your local child protective services and/or police and can help you through this process when/if you are ready. Another resource you might find helpful is Childhelp: https://www.childhelp.org/.

Please know we are not here to judge your or tell you what to do, although we do care about your safety. It is understandable you would want to run away right now given everything you shared. We are here to further discuss your situation and invite you to talk one on one with us through our Live Chat. Simply click on this link: https://na0messaging.icarol.com/Cons...d=254&cc=en-US to get started.

We hope this response gives you a start and hope you’re able to keep yourself safe while you work out a plan. Best of luck!

-NRS
      Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
      [email protected] (Crisis Email)
      1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
      https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

• what do i do when i already packed and i texted my friend i want to run away, they already said i could stay with them for a little, the reason is my little brother is always verbal abusing me and wont leave me alone, and my dad had a girlfriend and they argued, when they argued it scared me all the time and he yells at us for no reason sometimes, and i am 11 turning 12 soon, and my mother left me.

Comment

• ccsmod3
          ccsmod3 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,
          Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. It seems there is a lot that you are faced with right now and you’re feeling like leaving is one of your only options. It seems you want to know some information on runaway laws.
          While we are not experts on the law, 18 is generally the age that an individual may leave home without parent permission. If you are under 18 and leave home, your parent/guardian may file you as a runaway and you may be returned home. Also, those you stay with may run the risk of being charged with harboring a runaway. For more specifics on the law, the local non-emergency police or legal aid may better answer legal questions.
          We are here as support to help through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email to assist you. If you would like to talk more in detail please call or chat soon.
          Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
          If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
          Be safe,
          NRS

• I want to run away because my parents think I was a mistake and im 12. My friend has the best life and I want to have that too.

Comment

• ccsmod15
          ccsmod15 commented
          Editing a comment
          Hi there,
          Thank you for writing to us here at National Runaway Safeline (NRS). We understand it takes great courage to reach out, and we appreciate you sharing a little bit about what’s going on. We want you to know that we are here as support to help you through this challenging time. We can best help by phone or chat as NRS is unable to respond more than twice by email or bulletin for assistance. If you would like to talk more in detail and share more about how we can help specifically, please call or chat soon.
          It is understandable to feel left behind and want more when we see others enjoying things that are denied to us. You deserve to be treated with respect by your parents, and not to be called a mistake by them. On the flip side it may be good to manage your expectations as to what makes you feel like your friend has the best life as you may not get to see the whole story there as well.
          Our contact information is 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929); www.1800runaway.org (click on the chat button).
          If you are at risk of any danger or feeling unsafe, we encourage you to reach out to 911 or seek emergency assistance immediately.
          We hope to hear from you soon.
          Be safe, NRS
      Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
      Auto-Saved
      x
      Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
      x
      x
      Working...
      X