No announcement yet.

just a question please help

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • just a question please help

    Hello, well I'm 19 years old and i live with my mother in miami, Fl... The thing is, my senior grade is making an after party right after the prom ends, and i already pay everything but my mom doesn't want me to go there and she's telling me that if i go there she will report me as a missing person... My question is can she really do that? I mean I'm 19... Or can she report me as a runaway? And last question... I want to become a police officer in the future, can she affect my criminal record (which i don't have) by reporting me as a runaway? Thanks

  • #2
    R: just a question please help


    Thanks for reaching out to us. It sounds like you have some questions related to the potential legal consequences of your mother filing a runaway report. We are not legal experts and, therefore, are limited in our ability to answer legally-oriented questions. However, we can say that, as a 19 year-old person, you are legally an adult and cannot be reported as a runaway/missing person. Therefore, you cannot be charged for leaving your home.

    For answers to any further legal questions you may have, you can call Child Help USA at 1-800-422-4453 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Also, you may contact us 24/7, as well, at 1-800-RUNAWAY or chat with us at during the hours of 4:30pm-11:30pm CST if you need further resources or support. Good luck!


    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp