Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 16 and wanting to leave

So i am 16 and living in Louisiana. my parents have threatened to kick me out before or "give up on me". im pretty tired of the emotional abuse said to me and sometimes physical. they always thing im lieing or telling me to get out their face so they wont look at me. the night i lost my phone i had to sleep on the ground NEXT to my bed. Well i want to leave. i have a place to stay and she has a car also. but idk if the cops could take me back home (which would make things10x worse) and i cant be emancipated bc they do not want to do that. What should i do ?

re: 16 and wanting to leave

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out tonight and sharing your story with us. It sounds like you're going through a lot with your parents. They are wrong to kick you out. We're glad to hear that they haven't, but that doesn't mean the threat of it isn't as tough. They are certainly wrong to hit you and put you down. It was smart of you to reach out tonight, so let's see how we can help you out.

It sounds like you're putting together a little bit of a plan if you decide to leave. That's great. If you do decide to leave, it's best to have a solid plan. We're not legal experts, and we can't tell you what to do, but you're right, if you leave before you are 18, the police could force you back home.

If you need a break and a place to sleep for a couple nights, you can always look to see if there's a safe place near to you. You can check out www.nationalsafeplace.org and click on your state in the upper corner.

If you'd like to talk, just to vent or want to discuss other options, please call us 24 hours a day at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). We are confidential and anonymous. If you aren't able to call, you can chat with us through our website (www.1800runaway.org) from 4.30pm-11.30pm Central Time.

We look forward to your call or chat.

Best of luck to you,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X