No announcement yet.

17 runaway help?

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 17 runaway help?

    I am 17 and need and want to runaway. I have a safe place to go and stay. What legal actions could my parents take? Could they charge the person I stay with?

  • #2
    17 runaway help?

    Hello there,

    Thank you for reaching out to us. We are glad to hear you have a safe place to stay. Just to let you know, we are not legal experts. Your parents do have the right to report you missing as long as you are a minor. Although it's not against the law for you to run away from home, anyone you would be caught staying with could possibly be charged with 'harboring a runaway'. Your legal guardians would have the right to press charges against anyone helping you.

    If you would like to further discuss your situation, we can be reached at any time at 1-800-RUNAWAY(786-2929) or by live chat at from 4:30pm-11:30pm Central Standard Time. We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the best of luck.

    - NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp