Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i hate it here

I am 16 and live in Georgia. I have done ranaway twice in the past month, knowing that a consequence would be taken to juvinile court or even ydc, but I did not care as long as it got me out of this house. Neither has happened, I left last Thursday and did not return until Sunday, I'm now having to go to therapy and is being put on medication, I do not know if I have court at this point or not, but that doesn't change the issues in this house. It has actually made them worse. I have an alcoholic mom, a pot head dad, and a drug addict brother living with me. My brother is 19 and pysically beats me all the time and leaves brides, a busted mouth, and more. My mom pushes me and we have had a time where she has drug me by my hair in front of my bestfriend. My dad throws things at me, and has even slapped me that the cops even know about but has not done anything about it. I do everything for my dad, while he sits at his pc playing games all day. I do everything he ask to avoid the objects being thrown and the verbal abuse he does along with my brother. My brother takes all my problems and throws them in my face to make me feel worthless, so does my dad. My mom sometimes gets to help but she is not finacualy stable to go against my dad and is scared to. I have been to mutalation court but that has not helped. Things are only getting worse. My parents have done turned my whole family against me as if I'm just a selfish child that does not care about any of her family. That is not true. But with everybody turned against me and all these problems , I have lost all sainity and I just cannot be in this house anymore. I am 16 and will be 17 in 5 months. If I runaway again, but this time stay gone and go to Alabama(I live in georgia) until I am 17, and manage to not get caught, could the cops do anything once I turn 17 ?

i hate it here

Hello there,

Thank you for reaching out to us. We are sorry to hear you are dealing with all this abuse going on in the home, nobody deserves to be hit or made to feel unsafe in their own home. It sounds like you are having a difficult time dealing with the abuse and neglect going on. Have you reached out to anyone in your local community about what is going on? Just to let you know, we are mandated reporters. This means that if you wanted to make an abuse report through us we can contact the police and child protective services on your behalf. Your local teachers or counselors are also mandated reporters and can help guide you through that process.
    You do have the right to feel safe. You also have the right to go to school regardless of your living situation. If home is not a good place for you to go, the www.nationalsafeplace.org has a list of all the safeplaces in the US you can go.
    Although we are not legal experts, we can try and explain a little about the runaway laws. It’s not against the law for you to run away from home. In most places it’s considered a status offence. However, anyone you would be caught staying with could possibly be charged with ‘harboring a runaway’. Do you have a safe place to go?
    We are also available to talk at 1-800-RUNAWAY or by live chat at www.1800runaway.org from 4:30pm-11:30pm Central Standard Time to help you come up with a plan. We look forward to hearing from you and wish you the best of luck.

- NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X