No announcement yet.

runaway as an adult

  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • runaway as an adult

    I will be going to court on Friday, for truancy which happened my junior year in high school. The judge made it clear he will most likely make me a ward of the state. I am 18 now, and would be a ward until I am 19. I will not tolerate losing my freedom as an adult for missing 9days of school when I was 16 and 17. I will be leaving this state as soon as I graduate, my family supports me and I have a place to live in the new state I'll be going to (on the other side of the country). My question though, is as an adult in this situation, what legal trouble could I get in, and what is their statute of limitations on this? Im not worried about this following me,I'll be on the other side of the country. Just curious.

  • #2
    Runaway as an adult

    Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.
    We are not experts in the law so we cannot tell you what consequences you might face by not appearing in court. You might consider speaking with an attorney or a legal aid center in your city and state to get an understanding about your pending legal situation.
    You are welcome to contact our 24hr crisis line for possible referral options.
    The number is : 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) or you might opt to use the NRS live chat service through our website The NRS live chat service is available from 4:30pm until 11:30pm (CST).
    We thank you again for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.
    Take Care
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

    National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

    Tell us what you think about your experience!


    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove