17 and they wont let me out

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 17 and they wont let me out

im 17 in Louisiana,i wanna leave my parents house, she beat me today can I leave even tho im17? im considered a adult in the state of louiaiana, and I'm in the army I think I deserve to live on my own. ifimnot then apparently ill learn some stuff on the stuggle . but can I leave home? my friend did it at 17 and they didn't have to bring her back to her parents, so can I do it?

17 and they won't let me out

Hello,
    Thanks for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.
    It sounds like you are in a very hostile and unsafe environment and you would like to leave home legally at 17yrs of age.

First we would just like to say no one deserves to be hit and abused and we are glad you are reaching out in concern of your own safety. You have the right to contact the police if you feel you are being abused or in any kind of danger. There is also the option of contacting child protective services in your area.
    The number you can call to report any form of child abuse is 1-800-422-4453
    They will connect you with the local CPS office in your area and take your report.
    This may be one option for you to be removed from an unsafe home.

Legally we cannot give you advice about leaving home or what consequences you might face from the law. You do however have the right to feel safe. You might also consider contacting your local law enforcement or legal aid center about the legal age you are able to leave home.
    How does that sound?
    We understand how you must feel and see leaving home now as maybe being your only option. It must be very frustrating for you.

You said that you are in the Army does that mean you are in a deferred program for the U.S. Army?
    Perhaps you might consider talking with your recruiting officer about moving up your start time.
    Does that make sense?

Having a plan of survival is important so think about where you might go that will be a safe place.
    You are welcome to call the NRS 24hr crisis line at 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) to speak with someone about some possible options.

NRS also offers a Live Chat service 7days a week from 4:30pm until 11:30pm on our website: www.1800Runaway.org
    We thank you again for contacting the National Runaway Safeline and hope that your situation gets better soon.
    Take Care,
    NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X