Need help with harboring info.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need help with harboring info.

So I started an arcade in Aurora CO. Just a mile away from the aurora town center shooting location. I really feel that kids in a community like this need a place they can go to talk to someone who understands them and can put them on the right path. So far the community has been amazing. I have a drug/violence free arcade center that is just $5 all you can play with a goodie bag of snacks included with the cost of entry.

I have been open two months, and not a day goes by where I don't talk to kids that want to kill themselves, or are being harassed at school, or don't have a way to meet friends that are also into video games. When I talk to the kids I tell them one thing. They are awesome, and that they should get a job and save money. I really want to get the kids that have no interest in college set on the right track. Last weekend an Autistic kid came in to my arcade who has never been able to communicate with other kids, but he has always been a very big gamer. Now he has made lots of friends and has a way to be comfortable around his peers.

Anyway onto my issue. Friday night these two girls came in that tell me they were thrown out of their house for being expelled. After I close up shop and count the money, the girls are standing outside in 20 degree weather with thin jackets on. I can not figure out what to do and go over the options in my head. 1. let them freeze, 2. call the police and get them in trouble to make their already difficult lives worse, or 3. be a good person and give them a place to stay, help teach them that the world is not all terrible, and get them pointed in the right direction away from drugs and prostitution. I went with option 3 because it seemed to be the right thing to do.

Well today their parents showed up at my arcade to get them. They supposedly ran away and were not thrown out of their house. I did not try anything to stop the girls from leaving, but the parents called the police and I got a harboring a minor ticket. All I was trying to do was some good, and get the girls on the right track in life.

My question is how much trouble am I in? I have never done anything like this before. Will I go to jail or loose my business, or am I just looking at a fine? Thank you for your time. and thank you for having a place for runaways to get advice on how to feel better in life.

re: Need help with harboring info.

Hi

If you have contacted NRS today through another means (for example, live chat, email or hotline) for the same issue, it would be helpful to let us know that you have already contacted us. NRS understands it takes courage to reach out for help; therefore, we would like to minimize the need for you to repeat your situation and avoid offering you duplicate services.

~NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X