Get me out

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Get me out

Ok so I'm a 15 year old girl. I go to high school and have a crush on a boy down my street. Me and him are best friends but I just want to be more. Anyway whenever I want to hang out with him or his brother mom says no. No no no no no. Always. Then when I do get to hang out with them she texts me like an hour into it and tells me it's time to either send them home or come home. I NEVER get to go over to other peoples houses and when I do she always gets all pissy at me cuz I "made" her drive all the way out there to get me. Such bull. I mean I'm a 15 teenager. I wanna have fun and go out on the weekends. Oh yea I forgot to mention she's a freaking couch potato and never leaves the house, especially not to take me to the mall or anything. And I'll see tons of pictures of people having all kinds of fun but noooo She likes it better when I'm in her sight. And sometimes I swear I had more freedom when I was 10 compared to now. I couldn't tell you the last gem we did something new. All I want is new people to raise me.

re: Get me out

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out tonight and sharing your story with us. It certainly sounds like you’re going through a lot at home right now. It sounds really frustrating that you have to deal with all these rules and that your mom doesn’t seem to trust you. It’s understandable that you’re feeling overwhelmed by all of this.

It seems like you’re feeling pretty lonely because of the way that your mom keeps you in the house. Sometimes when we feel that isolated it can be helpful to reach out to the supports around us. Can you think of someone who you might be able to talk with who might be able to provide you with some support and guidance through this time? Sometimes talking with your mom and sharing with her how you feel can be a good way to try to come up with a compromise.

We can also help you have a conversation with your mom. If you call into our hotline (1-800-RUNAWAY) we would be able to call your mom and have a conference call between the three of us. We would be there to mediate the conversation and to make sure that you are able to say how you feel and also to help keep things calm. If you feel like this is an option you can call us 24 hours a day at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929). You can also chat with us through our website (www.1800runaway.org) from 4.30pm-11.30pm Central Time. We look forward to your call or chat.

Good luck to you,

NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X