cant stay in a toxic enviroment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cant stay in a toxic enviroment

k so me and my entire family excluding my brother absolutly cant stand eachother, all we do is argue, fight, and yell at each other
    im 16 and i live in idaho, does anybody know what states its legal to runaway in?
    also how shuld i go about runing away?
    once i enter a new state am i free?

Re: cant stay in a toxic environment

Hello there,

We're glad you decide to try out our bulletin boards. It sounds like you've got a lot going on with your family and are seriously considering running away. We imagine arguing, fighting, and yelling at each other makes life at home difficult. We are not legal experts, but we can provide basic answers to your questions. Running away is normally just considered a status offense, so not exactly illegal. However, there are often laws associated with helping a runaway - harboring a runaway and crossing state lines with a minor are two common ones. If your parents/guardians do file you as a runaway and you are picked up by police, typically they will just try and reconnect you with your parents and/or even take you back home if you are still close to home. Runaway reports are generally entered in the NCIC (National Crime Information Center), so even if you do cross state lines, if police run your name, it should still list you as a runaway.

That said, we are not here to judge you or tell you to run or not run away. Instead, we are here to listen, provide support, and help you come up with options. We encourage you to reach out to us directly if you would like to continue talking about your situation. Since you are already reaching out to us online, you might prefer our Live Chat which is open every evening from 4:30 to 11:30pm CST. (Big red button at http://www.1800runaway.org.) Or, if you have trouble with that, we have our 24/7 crisis line, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929.) Hope that helps some and good luck!

-NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X