Collapse
No announcement yet.

16 Year Old in washington

Collapse
X
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I am 16 years old in the state of Washington, my parents are divorced and I live with my mom more than my dad. Both of my parents are crazy, but my mom has an obsession with controlling everything I do. It is getting to the point where I can’t even leave to get gas without getting yelled at or grounded. At 16, we are legally allowed to get birth control and now my mom has severed her relationship with me. She claims that I will never be able to grow a new relationship with her. I wouldn’t say that I want to get emancipated, but I would like to live with my dad full time. How can I contact someone so that I can live with my dad? He’s not super amazing, but at least he’s supportive and understanding. I don’t know where to go from here or how to get out and I am feeling very trapped.

Comment

• ccsmod10
      ccsmod10 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hey there,

Thanks so much for contacting us, it takes a lot of courage to reach out and share your story. It sounds really hard to live into a home with so much tension. It must be really frustrating to feel so controlled. It’s great to hear that your dad supports and understands you. From what you’ve said, it sounds like your mom has primary custody. It might be a good idea to talk to both your parents to see how everyone would feel about your dad taking over primary custody. We’re not legal experts here at NRS, but this may mean that lawyers will need to get involved and/or you might need to go to court.

If you’d like to go over what’s going on in depth, or if you’d like to explore other options that you may have available to you, please don’t hesitate to call us at 1-800-RUNAWAY. You can also chat us by clicking on the “CHAT” button on top of our homepage. We’re open 24/7 and here to listen and support you in any way we can.

All the best,
      NRS
Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
Auto-Saved
x
Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
x
x
Working...
X