Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i dont know what to tell her

my friend reached out to me today and finally told me what was going on in her life. I found out tha she has been depressed most of her life as far back as she can remember. SHe grew up with a drug addict mother, and within the past two years has moved in with her sister to get away from the drug use. well a few months into he sisters house, she found out her sister is also addicted to hard drugs. SHe is trying to stay strong and not be brought in/down by what she is constantly seeing around her. More recently her depression has gotten worse. She has explained to me that every day she goes home and just cries herself to sleep. Her sister doesnt have a job and lives off of her drug dealing boyfriend. In the past few weeks my friend found out that her sisters boyfriend is planning on leaving her, sooner or later causing her, her sister, and her sisters kids to be homeless. She has tried finding ways to get out on her own but nothing is working. She doesnt want to run,because that will just cause her more problems. as she explianed to me," i was born into this life, i didnt ask for it, and theres no way out no matter how hard i try" well i am writing this to find her help, and to possibly give her hope. I live in (city), (state). so if you know of any places that can offer her assistance please reply.

(name)

Re: i dont know what to tell her

Thank you so much for contacting us with details about your friend's situation. She seems to be going through an extremely intense situation. She's very lucky to have someone like you looking out for her. You seem to be a great friend and very trustworthy and that probably makes her feel a little more calm.

Has your friend ever tried to reach out for help in any way? If so, what kind of help was it and did it work? What do you think is a good resource for her to have if you were to supply her with one? Do you think she needs shelter or a resource center? Judging by the details that you provided about your friend's situation, here are a few centers and agencies that could possibly help the entire family:

Children Association
    (520) 323-4476 ext 102

Youth Center
    (520) 294-1449

BB/BS Youth Centers
    (520) 624-2447

Even if you think none of these numbers are able to help your friend, please give us a few more details about what services might help your friend the best. If you can't think of any, she (or yourself) can call in at 1800-RUNAWAY 24hrs a day and we can continue to talke about what is available in your area.

Best of luck,

-NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif
    x
    x
    Working...
    X