Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will i be forced to come back with my parents ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will i be forced to come back with my parents ?

I am 15 almost 16 years old and am planning on running away, My parents have a long time that theyve had problem and i came with my mom to live in SD California and i want to go back to where i live ive been fightin for 5 months and things dont seem to get better and i am damaging my self as in not eating and all that stuff and i want to leave my parents and i feel like theyll call cops and will want me to go back will i be able to stay if i say everything bad about the place am in and wanting to be where i want ?

re: Will i be forced to come back with my parents ?

Hi and thanks for contacting NRS. It sounds like things have been really tough for you and we are glad that you are reaching out. It seems like living with your mom in California has been difficult and that you just can’t handle the fighting that has been going on for so long. You are very strong for continuing to handle living like that. Have you tried talking with your parents about how upset you are?

You mentioned that you are damaging yourself, and our priority at NRS is to make sure you are safe. Is there anyone that you can trust for emotional support? If you are struggling with disordered eating, you may want to check out http://www.nationaleatingdisorders.org/ where they have information and support for eating disorders. You can also call us 24 hours a day at 1-800-RUNAWAY to find additional local resources.

From what you shared with us, it seems like you really want to leave home. Have you ever runaway before? If you do run and your parents file a runaway report, you will likely be committing a status offense and be returned to them. As far as what might happen if you tell them “everything bad”- we unfortunately can’t tell you what they’ll say. One option you have is to call the police and ask them directly. The other option if home is unsafe physically, is that you can call the Department of Children and Family Services at 619-528-4000 and tell them about your situation. Please don’t hesitate to call if there is anything else we can do.
    -NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

My situation

Yes i have talked to them vary many time but they dont want to let me go and live all my family lives in Oxnard California but i choose to come with my and support because she decided to leave our house and dad in which i regreted goin with here so ive been trying to find a way this vacation was time my plan but now its to the poit where i am just gonna go back i have many places where they want to accept me safe and take me till i am big enough but my parents dont understand

Comment

RE: Will i be forced to come back with my parents?

Hello,

Thanks for getting back to us. This sounds like a really tough situation, and it is understandable that you are feeling upset and ready to leave. We are here to listen and support you in any way that we can. It must be really hard for you to feel like you aren't understood by your parents.

It sounds like you have family in Oxnard who you would rather live with. If you decide to run away, you should know that you are running the risk that you might be forced to go back home to your parents. It is also possible that anyone who takes you in could get into trouble for harboring a runaway, which is a criminal offence. We aren't legal experts, so we can't tell you exactly what will happen if you run away. If you have any more questions about the law, we will answer as best we can and try to help you find options and resources. Before running away, there are many things you might want to consider. Here is a list of questions to start:

What else can I do to improve my home situation before I leave?
        What would make me stay at home?
        How will I survive?
        Is running away safe?
        Who can I count on to help me?
        Am I being realistic?
        Have I given this enough thought?
        What are my other options?
        If I end up in trouble, who will I call?
        When I return home, what will happen?

We understand that you are in a really bad situation right now, and we are happy to talk with you to find out how we can help. Please feel free to give us a call at 1-800-RUNAWAY 24/7, or to chat on our website, www.1800runaway.com, every day between 4:30pm and 11:30pm CST. We are looking forward to your call and wish you the best of luck!
        Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
        [email protected] (Crisis Email)
        1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
        https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
        Auto-Saved
        x
        Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
        x
        x
        Working...
        X