housing of 2

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• housing of 2

I am 16 and im soon leaving with my friend and we are going anywhere other than where we are. we know what we have to do and we are getting money together and everything but we don't know where to go. I didn't know what category to put this in so I just chose one. does your program give housing or shelter?

re: housing of 2

Hi and thanks for contacting us, it sounds like you are getting ready to leave with your friend but aren’t sure where to go. From what you mentioned, it seems like things are tough for you both if you’d rather be “anywhere other than where you are now.” You must be going through a lot that feels unbearable. It’s great that you feel you have your friend along side in this- it can be hard to feel alone. Is there anyone else that you have reached out to or talked with (such as a trusted adult) about what you are going through? Sometimes it can be helpful to discuss things with someone outside of the situation who can help support you and provide some other options as well.

You asked about housing or shelter that we provide. To clarify, we are a referral hotline, so we do not actually have a physical location. What we can do is help you find somewhere safe to go if you do decide to leave. We are here 24 hours a day at 1-800-RUNAWAY to get general information from you and provide places for you to go. You can also chat with us from 4:30-11:30pm CST. One website that you might be interested in as well is www.nationalsafeplace.org. If you go to the website, you can search by state and see if there are any Safe Place affiliated shelters nearby.

Again, we are glad that you are reaching out and hope that you will consider calling us so that we can help you better. Best,
    -NRS
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    x
    Working...
    X