Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 15 year old in Texas desperately seeking help

Hello there. I'm a 15 years old girl living in the state of Texas & for a while now I've been having some troubles . About 6 months ago my parents kicked me out and I was on the streets for a week , in and out of friend's houses, skipping meals and not even bathing. My boyfriend came back into town and his family was kind enough to welcome me into their home . My family and I got into touch and they knew where I was and with who and eventually I picked up the rest of my clothing and I officially moved in . Well fast forward 6 months my parents called the police and filed a missing persons reports . I don't think it is right that they did that . They knew where I was the whole time . I am clearly very unhappy living with my parents , it isn't that I dont love them I do . It's just I would much rather live with my boyfriend and his family. He is 18 . His parents don't want to take custody because they don't want to be held liable for any of my mistakes and neither do my parents. Is there any way I could live with them legally without getting into trouble. I will be 16 in less than 2 months. Need response asap ! Thank you .

15 year old in Texas desperately seeking help.

Hi,
    Thank you for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.
    While we understand and can empathize with you situation we are not legal experts therefore we are only able to provide you with a generalization of the law in this situation.
    In the state of Texas the legal age of adulthood is 18yrs of age therefore without parental consent you would not legally be able to move out of your parent’s home.
    Your situation sounds like it is a frustrating one for you can you think of any other options that might improve on your relationship with your parents?

There may be programs in your area that offer counseling or mediation in an effort to come up with ideas and or compromises that might help make the situation more bearable.
    Does that make sense as an option?
    If you would like to discuss your situation more or just would like to try and get more information please contact 1-800-Runaway (786-2929) or visit www.1800Runaway.org and check out the NRS live chat available from 4:30pm until 11:30pm (CST).

Thank you again for contacting the National Runaway Safeline.
    Take Care
    Please remember you can reach us directly by calling our 24 hour hotline, 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929) or through our Live Chat.

National Runaway Safeline
    [email protected] (Crisis Email)
    1-800-RUNAWAY (24 Hour Hotline)

Tell us what you think about your experience!
    https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/YourOpinionMattersToUs

Comment

what if your parent haves said mutiply times the want you out but when you do theyll start say no come back but you dont want to

Comment

• ccsmod9
        ccsmod9 commented
        Editing a comment
        Hi there,
        We’re so sorry your parents are telling you to leave. You deserve to feel welcomed in your own home.
        We’re not legal experts here, but it is not technically legal for your parents to kick you out of your home without a suitable place for you to go, like a relative or a friend. If they keep telling you to leave, it might be a good idea to talk to them about a place you could go instead and make sure you’re provided for. If you’d like, we could try to do a conference call with one of your parents and you to talk about what this would look like.
        We’re so sorry you’re being treated this way. We want you to know that we’re here to talk and listen 24/7. Please consider giving us a call here at 1-800-RUNAWAY (786-2929).
        Take care,
        NRS
    Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X